Perhaps my favourite part of having my own dōTERRA business is that I get to choose when and where I work! This pleases my dogs quite a lot as it means I can take my laptop and set-up at the dog park and work away in the outdoors, with the sunshine on my back and lots of lovely peace and quiet.
Having worked in an office most of my life, this is bliss! Fresh air, dogs by my side and the ability to work anywhere at any time. I am not tied to a desk or a fixed address …. instead, I am free to be.
The Pros and Cons of Work Life Balance
I enjoyed my years working in an office, don’t get me wrong but I think after so long in that environment, I started to crave freedom.
Freedom of how I spend my time, freedom to choose what I spend my time working on and making sure I have the balance right when it comes to work and downtime.
If you’re looking into running your own at home business, here are some pro’s and con’s to consider ….
- You are your office support when it comes to IT and well, everything!
- You have to be able to motivate yourself, this is your business to build …. the responsibility sits with you.
- You have to be okay not having people around you all the time, my dogs are my work colleagues!
- You now run your own business, which means you need to be able to hustle to pay the bills.
- You will go through a lot of self development whether you like it or not!
- You can learn what you need to learn, IT included!
- You don’t have any annoying work colleagues.
- You are now the CEO of your own business!
- Therefore, all profits from your budding empire now come to you.
- Self development while scary is a good thing!
- You can work your own hours.
- You can work from home or coffee shop or dog park.
- In a dōTERRA business you have loads of support/training and connect with your team weekly, so you are never really alone.
- With a dōTERRA business you can start building and sharing while you still have the safety of your old work life and only leave when your business is ready to step into full-time.
If you have been thinking of starting your own business, my advice is to go for it! You won’t regret it …. even if it is a little scary to go out on your own.
My advice from my own experience is as follows ….
- Keep your day job until it is safe to quit and run your new business full-time, unless you have the funds to support you while you build your business.
- Commit to it fully …. don’t go one toe in and never really deciding. Life responds when clear decisions are made and things flow to you when you have fully committed and take action daily to make it happen.
- Find your passion! I love the health and wellness industry, so this business was perfect for me! It’s also incredibly vegan friendly and the company as a whole is about doing good and making positive change. All things I can get behind!
- Don’t be afraid to let dōTERRA be the vehicle to fund your dreams! There are many wellness advocates who run this business in order to fund their dream career or to fund what they would love to support.
- Don’t be afraid of having no experience. I had never before run my own business, never worked in MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) no sales experience and I am not an Aromatherapist. I have learnt on the go and loved every minute! (well almost every minute haha)
I hope I have helped you make up your mind today!
If you are interested in hearing more about how a doTERRA business works and the benefits in joining my team, please click here and fill in the form.
I would love to hear from you and seeing you take that leap to start something new.